Ecomix Iron Removal & Softening Filter Media (25L)
Ecomix Water Filter Media (25L) 5 in 1 Water Purifier for Iron, Manganese, Softening, Organic Carbon and Ammonia Reduction in Water
Out of stock
Ecosoft Ecomix for Iron, Manganese and Hardness Removal from Water
ADVANCED SOFTENING MATERIAL FOR PROBLEM WATER
SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR 5 WATER PROBLEMS
- natural organic matter
WHAT IS ECOMIX?
Ecomix purifies water from: hardness, iron, manganese, natural organic matter and ammonium.
ECOMIX is a scientifically grounded technology, backed up by 6 patents and services around the world since 1998. ECOMIX works effectively in ground water and municipal water within the allowable limits of iron and manganese, hardness and natural organic matter. ECOMIX Water Filter Media consists of five ingredients, including two patented materials.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ECOMIX?
- Ecomix Filter Media has a 5 to 10 Year Service Life.
- Ecomix is the most reliable technology for removal of iron and manganese
- Ecomix has been designed for the highest permissible concentration of iron and manganese
- Less salt required for regeneration
- Ecomix provides consistent quality of purified water throughout the filter media service life
- ECOMIX is not only a unique water treatment technology. It has been a firm platform for the corporate success of numerous companies around the globe.
ECOMIX Water Softener & Manganese Removal is manufactured in Germany
The manufacturing process includes surface activation of FerroSorb and HumiSorb. Digital controlled ingredient mixing guarantees consistent quality of finished filter media product across batches.
ECOMIX Water Filter Media is certified in compliance with
- EU for compliance with LFGB requirements for food contacting materials by TÜV SÜD.
- NSF/ANSI standards: – NSF/ANSI 61 Drinking Water System Components & Health Effects
- NSF/ANSI 44 Residential Cation Exchange Water Softeners
- NSF/ANSI 372 Drinking Water System Components Lead Content Scheme
HOW ECOMIX WORKS
- Delivered and loaded as homogeneous media
- Separates into five layers after regeneration
- Inert layer enhances backwash
- FerroSorb reduces iron and manganese compounds
- HumiSorb reduces natural organic matter and organic iron
- Cation exchange resin softens water
- Gravel ensures uniform flow across the vessel
- Regenerates with plain softener salt
REMOVING IRON AND MANGANESE WITH ECOMIX
Water purification system for iron and manganese reduction
ADSORPTION, OXIDATION, ACTIVE LAYER FORMATION, AUTOCATALYTIC OXIDATION
The stages work to remove iron in its dissolved ferrous form (clear water iron). The surface layer of FerroSorb contains active sites that aid in the reduction of manganese from water. For the best results pre-treatment with a sediment filter only. Aeration and oxidative pre-treatment must be avoided. Iron bacteria should be treated prior to contact with ECOMIX water filter media.
REDUCTION OF ORGANIC MATTER WITH ECOMIX
HumiSorb is a proprietary sorption filter media for the reduction of natural organic matter (reduces colour and chemical oxygen demand COD)
Organic compounds and organo-metallic iron are removed due to hydrophobic and electrostatic interactions with HumiSorb. Check the level of chemical oxygen demand prior to using ECOMIX, when natural organic matter reduction is desired. ECOMIX is intended for the treatment of ground water and chlorinated municipal water from tannic acid (tannins). ECOMIX filter media is not designed for the treatment of surface water (lakes, dams, ponds, rivers etc). Water from a shallow borehole located close to the surface water should be checked for organic matter concentration and microbiological activity. Microbiologically unsafe water cannot be treated by ECOMIX.
ECOMIX is regenerated with the same steps as standard water softeners: backwash, brine, rinse.
Calcium and magnesium ions are displaced from the cation exchange resin matrix with sodium ions. Iron and manganese compounds are removed by surface friction of FerroSorb beads in fluidized bed during the backwash function. HumiSorb exhibits a reversible mechanism of sorption of organic molecules, and is regenerated with chloride ions.
ECOMIX FILTER MEDIA PERAMETERS
Raw water quality requirements and efficiency of water purification
- Hardness: 750ppm CaC03
- Iron: 15 ppm
- Manganese: 3 ppm
- TOC*: 17 ppm
- Ammonium: 4 ppm
ECOMIX OPERATING CONDITIONS
- pH 5–9
- No limits on influent hydrogen sulfide or anion content
- Active chlorine ≤ 1 ppm
- TDS ≤ 4000 ppm
ECOMIX TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
When designing ECOMIX water purification systems, refer to the below guidelines
- Service flow rate: 20-25 m/h
- Backwash flow rate: 10-15 m/h
- Brine (slow rinse) flow rate: 3-5 m/h
- Minimum bed depth: 500 mm
- Recommended bed depth: 800 mm
- Freeboard: 40% or more
- Salt consumption: 100 g/L
- Brine concentration: 8-10%
- Water consumption per regeneration: under 10 L/L
Rust removal, resin cleaner salt, and chemicals will affect the performance of ECOMIX. If using potassium chloride increase salt dosage to 145 g/L. ECOMIX Filter Media does not affect the waters pH.
SIZING ECOMIX WITH COMMONLY USED FRP PRESSURE VESSELS
- Size of FRP Vessel: A) 1035 B) 1054 C) 1252 D) 1354 E) 1465 F) 1665 G) 2162
- Ecomix Volume L: A) 25 B) 37 C) 50 D) 62 E) 75 F) 100 G) 150
- Service Flow Rate m3/h: A) 1.3 B) 1.3 C) 1.8 D) 2.2 E) 2.5 F) 3.3 G) 5.5
- System Capacity kg CaCO3: A) 0, 88 B) 1,32 C) 1,7 D) 2,2 E) 2,6 F) 3,5 G) 5,25
- Salt Per Regeneration kg: A) 2.5 B) 3.8 C) 5.0 D) 6.2 E) 7.5 F) 10.0 G) 15.0
- Backwash Flow Rate m3/h: A) 0.6 B) 0.6 C) 0.9 D) 1.1 E) 1.2 F) 1.6 G) 2.7
ECOMIX Water Softener & Iron Removal Filter Media is supplied in 0.88 cu. ft. (25L) Bags